Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
7 years ago
Solved

Struggling to add a MIMER JDBC DB Driver To SoapUI

Hey,   I'm using ReadyAPI! (SoapUI) and the database I am publishing a message to is a MIMER database (no I hadn't heard of a MIMER database either - apparently it's a relational model thats been a...
    richie
    7 years ago

I've sorted it out - although the setup appears quite specific

I know it's unlikely as no one uses MIMER databases really but just in case, for future reference for anyone needing to connect to a MIMER DB via SoapUI - follow these instructions:

note: any version of MIMER db < v8.2 requires JDK v1.1, versions > v8.2 requires JDK v1.2.  The version of MIMER DB I was using was v10.0.61

1.  Install JDK v1.2

2.  Ensure PATH environment variable doesn't point to another version of Java

3.  Set JAVA_HOME to JDKv1.2's bin directory (e.g. C:\jdkv1.2.2\bin) - e.g. at command prompt run 'set JAVA_HOME=%JAVA_HOME%;C:\jdkv1.2.2\bin'

4.  At command prompt run 'java -version' to ensure it's picking up JDKv1.2 rather than other versions of Java

5.  Download the mimer jdbc driver file (mimjdbc3.jar) and copy this to 'C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.1.0\bin\ext'

6.  Create or  update the CLASSPATH environment variable, pointing to the location of the .jar file.  Run the following command via command prompt 'set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.1.0\bin\ext'

7.  Within SoapUI's JDBC preferences, add in an entry - 'Driver column' value = 'UniqueIdentifier/com.mimer.jdbc.Driver'.  In the 'Connection String Template' column add in the value 'jdbc:mimer://<USER>:<PASSWORD>@<HOST>:<PORT:1360>/DB.  (note: other variations of the connection string didn't work - I got a driver failed to initialise error response).

That's it.  If you follow the above instructions, this creates the connection successfully.  If I deviated (or missed out) any of the instructions above, I'd get a driver failed to initialise connection response when I tried to connect to the database.

Thanks to all!