Forum Discussion

BDieck
New Contributor
17 years ago

Sorting SoapUI Response

Hi,

As a not very technical person and new to SoapUI Pro, I need help getting step by step instructions on how to sort the data in the response window. I use SoapUI to call a large amount of grouped information. How do I sort this grouped info so that I can easily run regression? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Annie

2 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Annie,

If you want to create a regression test that sorts the data for just checking the content (and not it's order) you would probably be best off with an XQuery assertion as described in http://www.eviware.com/content/view/84/44/ (look for "XQuery Assertions").

If you want us to help you with this initially, please attach (or mail ole@eviware.com) the response you want sorted and I'll try to create the corresponding assertion for you.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    BDieck
    New Contributor
    Hi Ole-  I looked at the XQuery examples, but it looks like that just retrieves and sorts specific items in a group. I'd like to sort the data by the group IDs. I was wondering if there were any updates on that attachment I sent you a while back...

Thanks for your help!

Annie