cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoapUI - Where are the log files stored?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Hero

SoapUI - Where are the log files stored?

Hi,

I've googled this and found other people have asked this on this forum and stackoverflow, but the answer didn't help me.

The logs button reveals the logging that is recorded, but I want to be able to find the relevant log files so I can review the logging more easily and Development want the log files too - so I need to be able to send them the log files.

The other posts about this, people point to the log4j file (soapui-log4j.xml) saved in ReadyAPI!-2.1.0/bin

HOWEVER - the log4j file just controls the logging levels - right?

Im after the different log files -ReadyAPI log, http log, error log etc.

I did a search for .log and I didn't find anything that appeared to help.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks to all!

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

I think the logs you are looking for are stored in your OS user directory. For Windows, something like c:\users\username\.readyapi\logs

Should be similar for other operating systems.

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Can you be specific on which logs file you wish to examine? There are several different ones. For instance in SoapUI NG after you run a test suite you can click the gear icon on the far right below the "Coverage" button, then click "Ezport results" That gives you a browser window and from there you can browse to the folder and name the file you want to save the log.

There is a "Request Log" tab in the request editor (in SoapUI NG) that prints the response time. You can of course select all that in the window and paste it to a text file.

A more detailed log can be obtained by running TestRunner at the Test Suite level. You can copy and paste from the display window all the details into another text file.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

typically the logs would be store in a location such as

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.1.0\bin

It will all depend on version of software you have installed

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/getting-started#answers

Highlighted
Community Hero

I believe that you have already found the log location based on the other question, righ?

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Community Hero

Sorry - no I haven't found where the logs are stored (relative to the other question - I simply clicked on the 'Logs' button (bottom left of window) and copied the content out from the SoapUI window.

I was talking about the ReadyAPI Log, the HTTP Log, Error Log etc.

As I say - other people have asked this and been pointed to C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.1.0\bin - however there aren;t any log files containing the detail from the ReadyAPI Log, http log, error log etc. in that directory.

I've attached a screenshot of my directory so you can see if I'm missing something.....

Thanks guys - the logs window is helpful - but sometimes you just want to be able to email the logs to people or even capture the logging as evidence and I cant do this currently except copy and paste the detail in the logs window out to a .txt file.

Cheers,

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
Community Hero

I think the logs you are looking for are stored in your OS user directory. For Windows, something like c:\users\username\.readyapi\logs

Should be similar for other operating systems.

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Hero

perfect!

thanks!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Doh! I missed the other location Awesome @msiadak

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
TechCorner Leaderboard
Want a fun and easy way to learn ReadyAPI and show off your skills? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get a full Raw JMS request

Participate!

Compare an expected JSON value and actual response in Events

Participate!

Fetch value/data from JSON response using Groovy Script

See replies!

Get data from Petstore and add it to Excel sheets

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors