Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoapUI Pro reports for on same test case executed multiple times in a loop

SOLVED
jz1
Occasional Contributor

SoapUI Pro reports for on same test case executed multiple times in a loop

Hi,

I have a test case that is executed in a loop.  The test execution is invoked from Groovy script with different input parameter to the test execution.  When I used the SoapUI Pro reporting, wether using Junit style or SoapUI reports, it only display the last run result from the looped execution.  Is there any way to have the reports concactenate all each indiviual test run in one report?  

Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jz1
Occasional Contributor

Re: SoapUI Pro reports for on same test case executed multiple times in a loop

@Nastya_Khovrina 

The following article shows how to log test results through test case teardown.  All credit goes to the author of that article.  The CSV file created concactantes all the result runs from repeat execution.  The code worked as is and I just made some modification in passing some input parameters that indicates names of tests (from Excel) to be logged in the result sets.  If anyone is insterested I can post it here.

https://dzone.com/articles/how-to-achieve-csv-reporting-in-soapui-open-source-1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super Contributor

@jz1 ,

I also faced this issue but didn't find any workaround, what i did was save all the request and responses in txt file(by writing small groovy code).

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" Smiley Happy

Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Tayal
jz1
Occasional Contributor

@HimanshuTayal 

Thank you for your recommendation.  I also wrote Groovy scripts to capture the request and response data.  However I really like the reports produced by SoapUI Pro.  This is the main reason our company upgraded from SoapUI OS to Pro.  This will be a nonstarter for us for using SoapUI Pro going forward if the reporting features can not meet our requirements.  

Super Contributor

Hi @jz1 ,

I am not a Smartbear employee if you have any concern you can contact smartbear team or @Nastya_Khovrina  can help you solving your problem.

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" Smiley Happy

Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Tayal

Hi @jz1,

We have a similar request in DB to treat each DataSouuce Loop iteration as a separate Test Case. Also, see this topic: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/In-HTML-report-actual-test-case-count-is-not-properly-....

For now, I can propose the following workaround:

You can use the RunTestCase test step and use the "Data export for automation" report type of the XML format. You can select to export all results. When using TestRunner, you can select the following parameters: 
-a "-RData Export" -FXML

When using these options, TestRunner will create a bunch of .txt files for each test step with the number of an iteration in the file name. For example, the "TestSuite_DataSource-TestCase_2-REST_Request-4-UNKNOWN.txt" file will contain the results of the fourth execution of the REST Request test step in a loop. In addition, testSuiteResults.xml will be created with the results of every test step execution. The <result> element in this report contains the <fileName> element with the name of the corresponding .txt file, so it's possible to see how many times the step was executed within a DataSource loop.

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.
jz1
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Nastya_Khovrina 

Thank you for the recommendation.  

Actually before seeing your reply, I've added Groovy scripts in the teardown section of the test case to capture the running log. It's working well for me.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I will give it try.

John

@jz1,

Can you share your script with Community? This can be helpful for other people!

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.
jz1
Occasional Contributor

@Nastya_Khovrina 

The following article shows how to log test results through test case teardown.  All credit goes to the author of that article.  The CSV file created concactantes all the result runs from repeat execution.  The code worked as is and I just made some modification in passing some input parameters that indicates names of tests (from Excel) to be logged in the result sets.  If anyone is insterested I can post it here.

https://dzone.com/articles/how-to-achieve-csv-reporting-in-soapui-open-source-1

View solution in original post

Thank you for sharing the article with us!

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors