Forum Discussion

PeterKlim
Contributor
10 years ago

SoapUI Pro likes to do disappearing acts

I run my test on more than 1 PC (usually just 2), to distribute the load, and then it vanishes, with no warning. It is as if you blink and then it’s gone.
This is no good when you need to have a certain load and then near the end of the run you get half your load running. You then need to rerun the same exact scenario from the start. A waste of the testers time as well as everyone involved (DB guys monitory the back end, the network guy monitoring, the tester…) – they all need to be there for the next run. SoapUI Pro crashed on us twice like this trying to do the same 1 test run in the same day. It happened a few other times too.
This is a MAJOR issue.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? What is the solution?

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    May be you want to try with increased heap size for soapui app?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Peter,

As nmrao said, you should try increasing the JAVA max heap space for SoapUI Pro. This can be done in the .vmoptions file in <SoapUI Pro install>\bin directory. Change the -Xmx setting to something like -Xmx 4096m. Please look at the following link below on improving memory management in SoapUI Pro.
    http://www.soapui.org/Working-with-soap ... usage.html

Also, please check the .log files in <SoapUI Pro install>\bin directory to see if there are any Out Of Memory exceptions occurring or PermGen errors occurring.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
  • I'll try out your suggestions. Not sure if it will work, because SoapUI dissappeared at different elapsed time into the runs. Sometimes after a minute, sometimes after 20 minutes and sometimes near the end at 40 minutes. Each run was started after restarting the PC. And each time the same test, same scenario/settings, same data was executed. But I will try it out.

Thanks!