Forum Discussion

ckhim
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

SoapUI Pro - Common Authentication Across Multiple Projects from a file

Hi SmartBear and Community

I am trying to have 1 authentication across all projects (Project_A, Project_B, … ect). The authentication username and password will be read from a file.

Right now, I can have a groovy script in Project_A, where it can read username and password from a file. Then, this groovy scrip would set username and password for the all the test cases in Project_A via setPropertyValue method.

For Project_B’s authentication with username and password across all test cases, I repeat the same steps in Project_A.  

So, if the file format that contained username and password change in the future, I have to go back into Project_A and Project_B’s groovy script independently to make the update.

In the future, if I have 100 Project_A and Project_B, I have to go into 100 projects to make the change if something changed in the username and password file format.

Is there a feature in SoapUI Pro that would allow me to dictate a common authentication across all projects from an external file.

I have also notice that information like json result/response from a test case in Project_A can’t be shared by Project_B.

FYI: The “Auth Manager” is local to a project only. In most case, username and password are hardcode.

No RepliesBe the first to reply