Forum Discussion

rpd
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

SoapUI Pro 5.1.2 or Ready API 1.5.0

During the running of a SoapUI Pro load test, logging is turned OFF by default in the SoapUI log. There is a specific message in the log, in green text, that states that this is occuring.

INFO: Disabling logs during loadtests

Since I want to sent the results of a couple of iterations of my load test while it is running, how do I enable logging during a load test? Since I am new to this tool, I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thank you.

• There is a transaction log tab in LoadUI NG Pro to enable logging of transactions during load tests.

To enable logging, access the Transaction Log tab, turn the log on, and click the "Configure Transaction Log" button in the center of the page. This will enable you to create if/then statements to determine which transactions should be logged.

For more information, please view this doccument.

5 Replies

SmartBearAmber
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

There is a transaction log tab in LoadUI NG Pro to enable logging of transactions during load tests.

To enable logging, access the Transaction Log tab, turn the log on, and click the "Configure Transaction Log" button in the center of the page. This will enable you to create if/then statements to determine which transactions should be logged.

For more information, please view this doccument.

rpd
      Contributor

Thank you for your response. What I am really needing is to not just look at any error messages that may have occurred, but also what values from my Excel spreadsheet data source were used by the threads associated with the load test. It would be nice to know if the data from the datasource is taken in a sequential or random manner, and whether that order is a configurable option for a load test. Oftentimes, there are multiple data items that need be kept in sync with each other, such as username and password values that must be keep together in order for that data combination to work correctly within the load test.

Are there test request items or some type of property logging items that could be added to the load test so that the data values coming from the Excel spreadsheet are logged?

Is there a tutorial or a detailed example showing how to log data from a Excel datasource on the SOAPUI/Ready ! API support website?

Thanks agains for all your help.