Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
16 years ago

Sleep Feature

Hello,
In a lot of my testing scenarios, I encounter situations where I need to do a certain steps, then sleep/delay, and then continue with the test. The problem with this is that the delay hold up the execution of the remainder of the tests.

Would it be possible to have a modified delay step, such that when this 'modified delay' is encounter, it puts the test case to sleep for the specified time, goes to the next test cases, and returns back when the delay time has been satisfied.

Thanks

Ali

5 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

hmm.. if I understand you correctly this is when you are running a TestSuite in sequential mode?

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    ok..

this would probably be a setting on the TestSuite level, ie "Move to next testcase on delay".. would that be sufficient? Or would you need to specify it on a TestCase (or even TestStep) level?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    for me it makes more sense to have it at the delay teststep level. People might have different reasons for delay and might not want to skip to next testcase.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

ok.. let us ponder a bit.. it might make sense to have this on all teststep types, ie a "Do not block TestSuite", which would basically be a signal to the TestSuite runner to start the Next TestCase.. hm..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com