Forum Discussion

chimas
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Settings.xml file for a composite project very large is that normal?

Hi,

I have a composite project and the Settings.xml file has 34MB. Ready API is failing to save the project before close the project. I didn't research much inside this file but probably it's duplicating the project content inside this file. 

For example one string that I have only inside the Project TearDown Script I can found it 312 times inside this settings.xml file. Something is wrong here :)

Is there any way to "refresh" this settings.xml file with the actual project configuration? Or should I change one configuration inside ReadyAPI to avoid this problem?

Thanks,

Rodrigo Petry

• Hi Rodrigo,

What Ready! API version are you using? I would suggest that you perform the following steps to try to avoid the issue:

1. Open the project in your Ready! API version.
    2. Save the project as non-composite.
    3. Install the latest Ready! API version – v. 1.5 – and open the saved project there.
    4. Save the project as a composite one in Ready! API 1.5.

Does it help you solve the issue?

chimas
    9 years ago

Thank you Tanya

I found inside settings.xml file this xml tag "<con:soapui-project" 1249 times. And I delete all these "old" projects inside settings.xml and now the file has only 33KB and everything is working fine.

As this is a shared project I'll ask everybody that is using this project to install this latest version of Ready API.

Thank you for your answer.

Rodrigo Petry

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rodrigo,

What Ready! API version are you using? I would suggest that you perform the following steps to try to avoid the issue:

1. Open the project in your Ready! API version.
    2. Save the project as non-composite.
    3. Install the latest Ready! API version – v. 1.5 – and open the saved project there.
    4. Save the project as a composite one in Ready! API 1.5.

Does it help you solve the issue?

chimas
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you Tanya

I found inside settings.xml file this xml tag "<con:soapui-project" 1249 times. And I delete all these "old" projects inside settings.xml and now the file has only 33KB and everything is working fine.

As this is a shared project I'll ask everybody that is using this project to install this latest version of Ready API.

Thank you for your answer.

Rodrigo Petry