1. clone a test case 2. modify some steps by renaming them 3. SAVE ALL PROJECTS 4. exit soapUI 5. re-open the project xml
Then when I reopened the project, the changes were all gone. It happened to me a few times. For some reasons the changes didn't get saved. I had no other instances of the project xml opened. Every time when I made a change, I clicked on "save all projects".
I saw this bug in version 1.7.5 Pro and 1.7.5 snapshot.
another thought.. please check the soapUI log window for any warnings that your project did not get saved for some reason.. if you get a warning, try saving the project with the projects "Save" action instead of with SaveAllProjects..
I did try using the project "Save" action instead of SaveAllProjects. I found that the issue frequently occurred when I cloned a step and simply renamed it and made modifications. The change didn't get save - I tested a few times. So it's reproducible. Here is the scenario:
1. Clone a step called DataSource_UserId from another testcase and rename it to DataSource_PartnerName 2. make some changes to the properties. 3. right click on the project and click "Save Project" 4. Exit SoapUI 5. Reopen the same project and the changes were not there.
I guess the key is "clone a step from another test case" and then make the changes.
The step was cloned from another test case under the same test suite. I am attaching my project file for you to see.
In AccountManagementServiceSoap12 TestSuite, test case "TC_REM_UC02_Invalid_EmptyPartnerName" was cloned from test case "TC_REM_UC02_Invalid_EmptyUserId" within the same test suite. I changed the list to ["myTiVo", " "] and changed result.UserId = result.PartnerName and saved project.
Then I exit SoapUI and re-opened it. All the changes I made were gone.
user.country=US user.dir=C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-SNAPSHOT\bin user.home=C:\Documents and Settings\lzhang user.language=en user.name=lzhang user.timezone=America/Los_Angeles user.variant=
Attached is the soapui-settings.xml.
The clone action is from right click the test step and choose "clone teststep." Then I rearranged the cloned test step to a proper place by dragging it.
You may also try this scenario (my previous attachment AccountManagementService-soapui-project.xml fits this scenario) :
1. create a project file 2. import one or two existing project files 3 create a test suite with multiple test cases 4. clone a test case and rename it to something else 5. change some properties in the new test case by renaming the test steps, rename some of the variables inside the steps. 6. insert some additional steps such as groovy step, datasource step etc. 7. clone one or two more steps from the old test case to the new test case. 8. save project every time when you make a change 9. exit soapUI and reopen it.
I am not sure if you will be able to reproduce the issue or not since everyone scripts differently or the settings are different. Late yesterday afternoon, I had a 13-step testcase. I carefully saved every change by saving the project and at last exit SoapUI, then the changes I made were gone and it only had 7 steps left! I was quite frustrated. So for now, before you can pin point the problem, I will open a windows explorer and make sure that every change I make gets time-stamped in explorer (also make sure the file size is changed too). I also exit soapUI after I make a change (try not to write too many steps and close it at once) just to make sure it saves my change. I know it's a hassle, but I don't want to lose any more of my changes.