Forum Discussion

ABCDEFG
Contributor
6 years ago

Save endpoint and resurce path in to a a notepad in readyApi

Greetings,

I need to save endpoint and resurcepath in to a notepad in readyApi? I tried using below script to generate the endpoint; however i don't know how to get the resource path and combine it as 1 string. Could please help 

def endpoint = context.expand( '${TestCaseName#Endpoint}' )
log.info endpoint

Thanks!

4 Replies

• hi ABCDEFG

You can use below code for finding Endpoint and Resource Path

def endpoint = context.testCase.getTestStepByName("Request").getPropertyValue("Endpoint")
    def resourcePath =  context.testCase.getTestStepByName("Request").resource
    def data = endpoint + "/" + resourcePath def file = new File("D:/test.txt").write(data.toString(),"UTF-8")

Do Like if you Find the Solution

Thanks,

Himanshu Tayal

ABCDEFG
      Contributor

Thank you HimanshuTayal for the response. 

I tried this in my test case (having only 1 test step) and getting this error message. Could you check this out?

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getPropertyValue() on null object error at line: 1

Once above issue is resolved, i have another question: Suppose if i want to use this in multiple test steps included test case; how would this script identify the test step  which i need to this script to identify?

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

ABCDEFG

HimanshuTayal
        Community Hero

Hi ABCDEFG

The code i have given to you, please replace 

def endpoint = context.testCase.getTestStepByName("Request").getPropertyValue("Endpoint")
        def resourcePath =  context.testCase.getTestStepByName("Request").resource
        def data = endpoint + "/" + resourcePath def file = new File("D:/test.txt").write(data.toString(),"UTF-8")

The part i have BOLD, from the name of your request

And the answer to your second question is, just replace the Request with the Steps name you are having or you can apply loops as well on the Test Case.

Do Like and Accept if you Find the Solution

Thanks,

Himanshu Tayal