Forum Discussion

skillsoft
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago
Solved

[SOLVED]Allow wildcards when adding assertion with groovy

Hi,

Is there anyway to set the "Allow Wildcard"  flag programatically when adding an assertion with groovy? Here is the code that I am using to add the assertion:

def static addAssertion(assertionName,requestName,expectedContent,testRunner,log)
   {
try
{
switch (assertionName)
{
case "XPath Match":
def assertion = testRunner.getTestCase().getTestStepByName(requestName).addAssertion("XPath Match")
assertion.name = assertionName
assertion.path = "declare namespace soapenv='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/';soapenv:Envelope[1]"
assertion.expectedContent = expectedContent
break;
case "SOAP Response":
def assertion=testRunner.getTestCase().getTestStepByName(requestName).addAssertion("SOAP Response")
assertion.name = "SOAP Response"
break;
default:
log.info ("There is no case for " + assertionName + " in addSimpleAssertion")
break;
}
}
catch (Exception e)
{
throw new Exception( e );
}
   }

}

Thanks,
Mary

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Are the assertions already defined? Or do you define them elsewhere in the script. If they are defined using the assertion interface, you can just allow wildcards there.

/Nenad
    http://eviware.com
    skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    I'm dynamically removing the testcase, then creating the request and assertion each time I run the testcase, so the assertions are not already defined and I can't use the assertion interface.  Is there anyway to do this through the soapui API?  If not, can this be added in the future?

Thanks,

Mary
      keanesean
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, can you give an example of how to do this? I can't find any reference to  setAllowWidlcards(true) anywhere apart from this specific case!

skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    Thanks, that worked!!

The javadocs for the SoapUI API are a little hard to figure out and google was no help. Also I couldn't find it in this forum.  Thanks for your time.

Mary