Forum Discussion

kkr
New Contributor
6 years ago

SOAPUI shows ClassnotFound Error when running a groovy script

Hi,

I am using jxl jar to create an excel file and I have copied the jar file to SOAPUI/lib folder. But when I run the groovy script in SOAPUI 5.4.0 it is throwing the below error.

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script2.groovy: 41: unable to resolve class WritableWorkbook @ line 41, column 29.

I have added all import statements in the code and also tried classpathhacker option as well, but no luck. I have verified the java.class.path values in SOAPUI system properties and I see that jxl jar added to classpath. But when I run the groovy script it is showing the above error. This is happening on my client citrix machine. But the same code and steps works on my machine. Please let me know what are options we need to check to load third party jar in the SOAPUI classpath.

Thanks

KKR

3 Replies

Lucian
    Community Hero
    Hi,

Is it Soapui Pro that you're using or rather the free version? Can you share your groovy script?
      kkr
      New Contributor

I am using SOAPUI free version and attached the Groovy script.

I am getting class not found error when running the script on my citrix windows machine, but it works on my other regular windows machine. I didn't see any difference of installation of SOAPUI on both machines. But I don't know why it's not working on my citrix machine. 

Please let me know if you see this kind of issue.

Thanks

KKR