Forum Discussion

Atlantic_Lotter
New Contributor
14 years ago

SOAPUI load test reports under Linux

Hi:

I've been trying to automate a SOAPUI load test using Ant. SOAPUI is installed on RedHat Linux so I'm calling the loadtestrunner.sh script as follows:

loadtestrunner.sh -j -s'Soap11Suite' -c'10KB' -l'Load-10KB' -r -freports -R'LoadTest Report' -F PDF '${soapui.project}'

There seems to be various issues with this script though I've managed to resolve a few with hints from these forums. Specifically:

• I renamed SOAPUI's jre directory to jre-bak and let line 29 find my latest JDK

• I commented out line 133 which reverted back to the old JRE (why?)

• I corrected line 135 and changed the soapui.home variable to $SOAPUI_HOME/bin

I'm now at a point where the load test appears to run correctly and results in the logs and statistics being generated correctly, however things fail when Jasper Reports is invoked to generate the final report.

[exec] 08:56:23,236 INFO [SoapUIProLoadTestRunner] Exporting log and statistics for LoadTest [Load-10KB]
[exec] 08:56:23,672 INFO [SoapUIProLoadTestRunner] Exported 2 log items to [<hidden>/reports/Load10KB-log.txt]
[exec] 08:56:23,672 INFO [SoapUIProLoadTestRunner] Exported 0 error results
[exec] 08:56:23,675 INFO [SoapUIProLoadTestRunner] Exported 2 statistics to [<hidden>/reports/Load10KB-statistics.txt]
[exec] net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRFontNotFoundException: Font 'Arial' is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details.
[exec] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRFontUtil.checkAwtFont(JRFontUtil.java:321)

From a support thread I read, it would seem that I either need to install the Arial and other Windows font files or change the report template files (I tried editing $SOAPUI_HOME/bin/reports/style.jrtx to use the Liberation fonts without success). However, I've not managed to workout how to do that. Could you provide a workaround to get this working?

Regards,
Paul

2 Replies

• Thanks that resolved it.

That said, I'd have been interested in getting Jasper Reports using the Liberation fonts. I find it curious that it is tied to the Windows platform this way.