Forum Discussion

torevor
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Result of "Clone Request" creates a second "linked" instance, rather than a new standalone version

I must be misunderstanding something, but here goes.   I've created a REST request, including method, endpoint, resource, and Auth(!) for a particular call.  I run it and it works fine.   Now, th...
    richie
    4 years ago
    Hey torevor,

Yep. You're right on all points.

1. Importing via the swagger/openapi file doesnt generate a hierarchy....all the apis are flattened...or at least thats been my experience of loading via a swagger/openapi file.

Its quite reasonable for the 3rd party to provide you a swagger or a .wadl file to auto create the apis in readyapi/soapui as ive had this many times before. If the 3rd party hasnt provided anything its not unreasonable for a representative of your company to ask for these as the 3rd party knows youre going to be hitting their exposed apis. Try asking....

Lastly i suppose is you can manually create them as long as you have all the details, but if this is the option thrn the 3rd party will provide some interface design doc to create the apis. Are there many? If you have to create 5 or even 10, itd only take maybe 20mins at most anyway....

Nice one

Rich