cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] error: does not close tag

Dear Community, API Masterminds week 4 has started!

Participate in the exciting online event by posting questions or replies and win! During the entire March, we decide top contributors each week and reward them with great gifts . Congratulate the winners of Week 3 here.
Week 4 task: Ask more questions, bring interesting topics and reply to existing ones in the ReadyAPI Community
Topics to participate in:
See All
Week 4 Leaders:
Members with the biggest number of posts
sonya_m 16 posts
nmrao 14 posts
HimanshuTayal 12 posts
pizzaTime 1 posts
richie 1 posts
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[Resolved] error: does not close tag

Hi guys,

I am trying to import a WSDL and I am getting the error below.

Error loading [http://localhost:8080/custident-service/ciCustSearchService.wsdl]: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: does not close tag

My WSDL seems to be properly formatted and I am not sure what could be the problem.

Can you please let me know how to proceed to investigate this isssue.

Cheers
Kris
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: error: does not close tag

The error was occurring because I did not exclude 'localhost' in the Proxy excludes, in the Preferences section.

I think the error shown was rather misleading.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Wow! Thanks Krisrr3 for posting update with your fix. This was extremely frustrationg for me. I would get "does not close tag" error no matter which endpoint I tried. I installed latest SoapUI 5.0 Pro and even uninstalled all versions to do a "cleaner" install. No change. I even tried on my laptop and could import WSDL for new project no problem using same ethernet cord so I know it was local machine configuration. What's worse is that my desktop used to work just fine! AAARG!

After >4 hours of searching and fiddling around your comment lead me to the root cause:
My desktop had a manual proxy configured that was no longer supported by my IT department. My laptop was configured with "Automatic" proxy selected and no manual configuration present. All I needed was a pointer toward proxy configuration.

FIX STEPS:
1. Click File>Options, then click Proxy Settings
2. Change proxy settings to match SoapUI on a working system OR talk to your network admin to determine what proxy server should or should not be used to reach your desired target URL.
3. Retry importing WSDL.

SUGGESTION: SoapUI should detect "does not close tag" error and mention below the error "File>Preferences>HTTP Proxy may be configured incorrectly." in addition to the raw and ambiguous error.

FYI Bonus TIP: Google search worked much better than Bing search for "does not close tag".
Enjoy! -ZephanS
SoapUI Pro 4.5.1

Hi,

We do have something internally filed for better error messages when related to configuration such as proxy for instance, SOAP-1087. Thanks for sharing how to get around that error, I will add this as an example.

Join the 2020 API Masterminds event in the ReadyAPI Community to demonstrate your excellent expertise, help people and win prizes! Start participating today!
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Join 2020 API Masterminds
We invite all lovers of API testing to participate in the API Masterminds event. Ask questions or help others by giving solutions and get rewarded.
>> Participate Today
Get Your Free Ticket
SBC2020
Top Kudoed Authors