Forum Discussion

Liberty_Informa
Regular Contributor
10 years ago

[Registered] Option to mark environment active

Hi

Please provide and option to select any environment from the environment list, and make it as an 'active' . This can be provided on right clicking the perticular environment or you can provide tool box option besides clone environment option.

When we create environments using environments feature, none of the environment is active. The first time an environment becomes active when user selects any environment to run in the testsuite dropdown. I have a save script where I check the condition like :

if (project.isEnvironmentMode() == true)

When none of the environment is active, this condition fails.

Also there should be possible actions provided like delete, clone etc. on right clicking any environment from the list. At moment nothing is rendered on right clicking the environment.

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

You can change the environments at the testsuite level, and run the testSuite after you change it at this point. Let me know if you have something else in mind.

also

All these options are available in the environments section. They may be a little confusing since they are symbols

1. "+" sign with a figure that looks like a shield = Add
    2. "X" sign with a figure that looks like a shield= Remove
    3. "XY_" = Edit
    4. Two squares overlapping = Clone

Regards,
    Temil
    Liberty_Informa
    Regular Contributor
    Hi

The 4 options that you listed are there in the form of tool box. I would like to have them also available as menu options when someone right clicks on any environment from the environment list.

Apart from these 4, I would like to have one more menu option to directly mark any environment as Active environment.

At the moment as you explained I need to open testsuite and select something from the available environments and after that it becomes an active environment.

I hope you understood what I am looking at.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    I have created Feature request( SOAP-2594 ) for this issue. Please be aware that these features are prioritized by our Product owner and he determines this by the amount of users that report the same issue.

Regards,
    Temil
    NRUK1
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I would like to support this request as it tends to always confuse my test analysts. It seems counter intuitive not to be able to "activate" an Environment at project level when browsing them in the project's Environment tab.

Many thanks
    Francois
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

I have added your comments to the feature request, thanks.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support