Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReadyAPI: How to test log in function

SOLVED
Frequent Contributor

ReadyAPI: How to test log in function

Hello,

I'm brand new to API testing. I have ReadyAPI installed and tried to do the basic API test. I started with the "Log In" function of yahoo's email but I don't know how to do it. I red the the sameples but still not understand it. I may stupid to ask for help but I'm ready to learn for my comming project.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Anh Vu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: ReadyAPI: How to test log in function

Hey @Anh Vu,

Can you confirm your nonAPI testing experience.....assuming 5 minimum testing other phases...e.g. functional, uat, oat, performance, security?

Im always a fan of doing rather than reading....bit for api testing the subject requires a fair bitof additional knowledge...likewise the readyapi! UI is not as intuitive as it could be.

Using performance as an example. There are 2 concepts in perf that are used quite extensively.

'Pacing' and 'think time'. 2 simple concepts that change everything in a perf test when they are used. Without appreciating those 2 concepts would totally alter my understanding of a perf test that used them.

Hence im suggesting a lot of initial reading! Just my opinion.....no doubt it differs tremendously from everyone else's! Smiley Happy

oh - I think Tanya or msiadak created a pinned post about getting started  with ReadyAPI! - its here - so I'd suggest looking at this before going anywhere else I suppose as this is probably a good start

Cheers,

Rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
6 REPLIES 6
Frequent Contributor

I tried to get user name, password and executed the API test but I didn't know how it works.

Community Hero

Not sure for which application you are trying to login.
Are you using REST / SOAP /JDBC?
May be you would like to go with documentation or some videos available on the net

Regards,
Rao.
Community Hero

By the way, SmartBear team provides webinar / training sessions for the users / community members. Please check. You may also find previously held sessions as well.

Regards,
Rao.
Community Hero

Hey @Anh Vu,

Can you confirm your nonAPI testing experience.....assuming 5 minimum testing other phases...e.g. functional, uat, oat, performance, security?

Im always a fan of doing rather than reading....bit for api testing the subject requires a fair bitof additional knowledge...likewise the readyapi! UI is not as intuitive as it could be.

Using performance as an example. There are 2 concepts in perf that are used quite extensively.

'Pacing' and 'think time'. 2 simple concepts that change everything in a perf test when they are used. Without appreciating those 2 concepts would totally alter my understanding of a perf test that used them.

Hence im suggesting a lot of initial reading! Just my opinion.....no doubt it differs tremendously from everyone else's! Smiley Happy

oh - I think Tanya or msiadak created a pinned post about getting started  with ReadyAPI! - its here - so I'd suggest looking at this before going anywhere else I suppose as this is probably a good start

Cheers,

Rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
Community Manager

Hi @anhvu

Welcome to the ReadyAPI team!

There are a lot of useful resources that you can explore:

1. Trial Success Center with great tutorials:

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/soapui-pro/trial-success-checklist

2. ReadyAPI 101 free training. The next class will be on Jan 22

https://smartbear.com/academy/#SoapUIPro

3. Follow helpful tutorials from here:

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/get-started.html

And of course, here, in the SmartBear Community, we are always happy to assist you!

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Frequent Contributor

Guys,

Thank you very much.

I will read the docs and try to understand it.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
API Testing Mistake #2
APITestingMistake#2