Forum Discussion

anhvu
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI: How to test log in function

Hello,   I'm brand new to API testing. I have ReadyAPI installed and tried to do the basic API test. I started with the "Log In" function of yahoo's email but I don't know how to do it. I red the...
    richie
    6 years ago

Hey @Anh Vu,

Can you confirm your nonAPI testing experience.....assuming 5 minimum testing other phases...e.g. functional, uat, oat, performance, security?

Im always a fan of doing rather than reading....bit for api testing the subject requires a fair bitof additional knowledge...likewise the readyapi! UI is not as intuitive as it could be.

Using performance as an example. There are 2 concepts in perf that are used quite extensively.

'Pacing' and 'think time'. 2 simple concepts that change everything in a perf test when they are used. Without appreciating those 2 concepts would totally alter my understanding of a perf test that used them.

Hence im suggesting a lot of initial reading! Just my opinion.....no doubt it differs tremendously from everyone else's! :)

oh - I think Tanya or msiadak created a pinned post about getting started  with ReadyAPI! - its here - so I'd suggest looking at this before going anywhere else I suppose as this is probably a good start

Cheers,

Rich