Forum Discussion

Nasseredin
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI 3.1.0 (and also older versions) freezes when saving project (both save & save as)

ReadyAPI freezes when saving project (both save & save as). 

It seems that the appication creates and writes everything to a temp file (project-tem-xxxxx) and then trying to write back to the original project file (some bytes writes back but not everything) and the whole application is freezing. 

This is as you understand very serious issue with the application so it should be fixed ASAP.

I have tried a maintenance and older version and the same problem occurs.

I suspect that it has something to do with the enviroment and the computer settings.

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad and other settings could be find in the attached pictures.

Hope you fix the bug or assist a work around if there is any.

sonya_m
    5 years ago

Thank you everyone for participation in this thread!

Nasseredin I don't think this has something to do with the project size to be honest. Try disabling the following option and let us know if it helps (the screenshot I have at the moment is for an older version):

If this doesn't help, please make sure to open a support case and send your project to the support team, thank you!

12 Replies

• Yesterday, i was pushing my work to Git and then i encountered 1 thing :

1. Earlier push size was around 2 MB

2. Current push size is around 10 MB, then i investegated more, then i encountered that in 2 TestCases i have uploaded 1 pdf file, and i have click on ok(attached image pop-up), which increases the size of my project,

and as i delete that file, again the size of project gets reduced to 2 MB. So, this is my finding on how the size of project gets incresed.

Hope this will help you too in solving your issue.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you everyone for participation in this thread!

Nasseredin I don't think this has something to do with the project size to be honest. Try disabling the following option and let us know if it helps (the screenshot I have at the moment is for an older version):

If this doesn't help, please make sure to open a support case and send your project to the support team, thank you!

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Nasseredin, did you have a chance to try disabling the setting as I've suggestd earlier?

Please share your progress with us.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You can open support case of the the issue is happening persistently.

Does it. Also happen if an empty project is created and saved, then try building the tests?

Is your current project simple or composite? And how big

Have you tried increasing max heap size in . vmoptions file? May be worth to try if not already.

Was this project working smoothly in earlier version?
      Nasseredin
      Occasional Contributor

You can open support case of the the issue is happening persistently.

Answer: It happens 9 times of 10 

Does it. Also happen if an empty project is created and saved, then try building the tests?

Answer: No.

Is your current project simple or composite? And how big 

Answer: The project is a simple project ca. 11.5 MB

Have you tried increasing max heap size in . vmoptions file? May be worth to try if not already.

Answer: Yes.

Was this project working smoothly in earlier version?

Answer: On the current PC none of the earlier version is working properly. The same project works without any issue on antoher PC also Lenovo Thinkpad but with dubble RAM. So I think that ReadyAPI has problem memory issue when it come to PC with 16 GB RAM och less.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Oh, that is big project. If possible have 4gb as max heap size and see if it helps.
  • TanyaYatskovska and sonya_m  :

do we have any option in SoapUI where we can reduce the size of our porject if it is too large.

As in this case the project size is around 10 MB, which i am also seeing 1st time as currently my project size is around 1 MB but it can a good learning for future if project size gets increase this much.

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      If I were to do, split the project into multiple logical parts. Of course, each project needs to have the same wsdl / rest service definitions as the test cases referring them.

But, the issue comes in the maintenance such updating the resources / service definitions etc., and making these changes manually. So, have some utility programs which does this kind of tasks.