Forum Discussion

kimnorth
New Contributor
6 years ago

ReadyAPI 2.5.0/2.6.0 SoapUI tests hanging

Hi,

I have a suite of about 300-ish automated tests pointed at an API that's currently in development.

The API has several publicly exposed endpoints that accept and return a JSON body. But I find that when I start ReadyAPI I have to leave it for about 20 minutes before I can run them, otherwise clicking start (in sequential or parallel execution) just causes ReadyAPI to hang and require a force quit. But after that seemingly abitrary period, it becomes possible to run them ok. It happens in both 2.5.0 and 2.6.0. Those same requests made to the API run fine in Postman, so it's not an issue with network connectivity.

The SoapUI tests themselves are integrated into a TFS build process, and it doesn't seem to have any problems executing them. It just seems to be an issue with ReadyAPI freezing up. The UI is still accessible, but the tests can't be stopped. Clicking stop doesn't do anything.

In the Task Manager, when the tests are run there's a quick ramp up of memory usage by ReadyAPI to about 40%, but after a few seconds that levels out at about 6-7%. I have 32GB of RAM installed, so I don't think it's a memory issue.

The tests themselves are quite basic assertions against response JSON, valid status codes, etc. Each test starts by requesting an authentication token using a REST request with credentials in JSON body, then some groovy script to store it as an environment variable; it then gets passed to subsequent tests as bearer auth token in the header. But it just seems to hang on this first step of requesting a token.

What could be causing the problem here? Is the size of the test suite too large for ReadyAPI to handle? I've seen people on here mentioning they have thousands of tests, so it seems small in comparison.

My specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10GHz

RAM: 32GB

Thanks!

3 Replies