Forum Discussion

Fullthepoil
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Ready API - Flotting License - How to check the license avaibility on a server

Hi!

We have only 1 flotting license on our server and we have many automatic scripts that starts. 

Sometimes, ready APi start and the license is not available. I would like to check if the license is available before starting the script.

Any ideas how to do that?

Thank you!

6 Replies

jhanzeb1
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

As far as I know, the floating license is issued to your specified ip address i.e 10.XXX.XXX.XX, as long as your server is up and running, the license will be available to it. When you run your automated scripts against it, it should listen to those and repond. May I ask - What is it that you are trying to do exactly?

Fullthepoil
      Occasional Contributor

Hi!

We are creating pipeline in cloud and the script is in a docker. Sometimes, many pipelines start and it get stuck because when the docker try to get the license from the server, it's already in use by a other script running.

I was wondering if it's possible de check if the license is already in use.

thanks

Fullthepoil
        Occasional Contributor

Still having the problem. Does anyone has any idea?

Thanks!

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      "the floating license is issued to your specified ip address i.e 10.XXX.XXX.XX" - incorrect. This type of licensing is called Fixed.