Forum Discussion

Sid011
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Ready API 3.1.0 keeps slowing down my Mac

Ready API 3.1.0 keeps slowing down my Mac

I have around 4-5 project xmls in my system and I only run them one at a time. I believe after regular use of around 3-4 days the application takes up my CPU and brings it to a snail's pace. I also tried updating the VMoptions but to no effect. is there a long term solution to this?

• Thanks Rao for your suggestions..

1. Keep open the project you are working on.--i have multiple projects which i need to work on parallely
    2. Close the rest of the project.--i have multiple projects which i need to work on parallely
    3. Use command line tool "testrunner.sh" to execute the tests--not sure where should i run this
    4. Use the tool to design the tests.
    5. You may even close the tool when not using instead of keep it running.--i dont want to take the risk of going through the same unresponsive application. so keeping it open.

For now when I upgraded my ready api to 3.2.5 I am no longer facing any issues. Hence continuing as usual

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Some tips:
    1. Keep open the project you are working on.
    2. Close the rest of the project.
    3. Use command line tool "testrunner.sh" to execute the tests
    4. Use the tool to design the tests.
    5. You may even close the tool when not using instead of keep it running.

Have you installed java externally and using it to run the tool?
      Sid011
      New Contributor

so today for eg. I restarted my machine and opened ready API.

Here are the stats on my activity monitor. It has hogged up all memory

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for advice Rao!

Hi Sid011! It isn't clear for your reply whether you tried using the steps Rao suggested. Could you please try them and let us know if it helps? Thank you.