Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw request not available when running load test

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Raw request not available when running load test

In a script assertion for and HTTP Request I have the following code:

log.info new String(messageExchange.rawRequestData)

This works fine when I execute the request as a normal test case, returning something like this in the log:

Tue Aug 09 08:55:04 EDT 2011:INFO:POST http://localhost:8888/ HTTP/1.1
Connection: close
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Content-Type: application/xml
User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1
Host: localhost:8888
Content-Length: 20

<message>3</message>

But when I run this in a Load Test, I get a failure and nothing written to the log.

TestStep [HTTP Test Request] result status is FAILED; [[Script Assertion] null] [threadIndex=0]

Also, in the MessageViewer, the Raw tab of the request shows "<missing raw request data>".

I very much need to see the raw requests that are being submitted by the load test to verify the expanded property values. Is there a workaround for this?
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Any info on this?
Highlighted

Hi,

hmm.. this sounds like a bug to me related to the aggressive memory management during loadtest execution, I'll add this to the backlog for investigation and fixing..

regards,

/Ole
SmartBear Sweden

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thanks. I've occasionally noticed that the raw result had disappeared from a request even after being run 'manually', but this would only happen after some significant amount of time had passed.
Highlighted

I'm still experiencing this issue. Is there a work around for this?

Highlighted

Hi @gracie,

I recommend that you talk with our Support Team about this situation. Could you please contact them and provide as many details about the issue as possible? You can reach out to them here:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ReadyAPI

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors