Forum Discussion

Mason
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

[RESOLVED] Unable to get Assertions to display in coverage analysis

I have a series of test cases and I've begun adding xPath assertions into them.  When I enable coverage and run the test suite, none of the assertions are showing up in the assertion log nor do they seem to be counted in the overall coverage count.  Please see screenshot.  What am I missing to get the assertions to show up in the coverage analysis?

Screenshot attached:

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. there was a bug related to this that required you to close and re-open the testcase window for the coverage panel to "pick up" the assertions.. does that help in your case?

If not, we would need the wsdl, a sample message and corresponding assertion to debug.. would that be available?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    When I close and reopen the window, everything is reset.  The coverage information does not persist and there is nothing in the Assertion log.  However if I run the test again, the assertion results show.  So I need to close and reopen the window everytime this presents itself?

With regards to making a WSDL available, I'm afraid I'm not able to do that at this time due to NDA.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

ok.. this should be fixed in the latest nightly build, can you try it out?

(ie you shouldn't have to re-open the testcase to get assertion coverage for new assertions)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

ok.. still awaiting your mail for an online session so I can have a look at that issue on your machine (if that is at all possible..)!?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com