Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Question about XPath assertion

Hello I am trying to create a Xpath Assertion but having some issues. not sure if its a bug or error on my part.

in the 'XPath Expression' box I use the 'select xpath' button to select the element I want to check (method A, element X in response)

in the 'expected result' box I use 'select content' to nagivate to (method B, element Y in response). soapUI creates the xpath expression for me.

Both are the element are same but I get the following error when I click 'test'

XPathContains assertion failed for path [declare namespace ns1='http://services.tvguide.com/v3/dashboardservice'; //ns1:GetDashboardResponse/ns1:GetDashboardResult/ns1:Dashboard/ns1:Modules/ns1:DashboardModule/ns1:ModuleId] : ComparisonFailure:expected:${GetDashboard - Request 1#Response#//ns1:GetDashboardResponse/ns1:GetDashboardResult/ns1:Dashboard/ns1:Modules/ns1:DashboardModule/ns1:ModuleId}> but was:69812fc9-6ca6-41f8-bb10-eedb43c83905>

To me it looks like the 'expected' expression is not getting translated? Am I doing something wrong.

Ali

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

thanks.. hmm.. is this the 2.0 beta or 1.7.6? I'll see if I can reproduce..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

thanks.. I can't reproduce this with a similar setup, but it's hard to know how the rest of your testcase is setup.. can you mail me the project file and point me at the affected teststeps/testcase?

Thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com