Forum Discussion

sabereshcp
Contributor
15 years ago

Query on REST based services in soapUI 2.5.1

HI,

I wanted to know whether we can create a project for a rest based services using the URL of the service.In the soapui site it says it can be done but i am not able to.Please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Saberesh CP

4 Replies

• Thanks Ole, For the response. But the tool is not able to invoke the service if i give the uri where the xml file is located for the rest service.when i try to invoke it says

ERROR:An error occured [WSDLException (at /PersonsT): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Expected element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions'.]

there is just a xml file in the url specified.I just want to know whether that can be invoked in the tool.

Thanks in Advance,
    Saberesh C P
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

I think you're looking at the wrong part of the blog post. Since you do not have a WADL file to work from you need to skip past the section "Starting from a WADL" and instead look at the section below it, "Define a REST Service without a WADL". Doing so, you don't enter anything for the initial WSDL/WADL field when creating the project. Instead you get an empty project for which you can then add a new REST Service. This is where you provice the URL you are targeting.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
  • Hi Dain,

Thanks for the reply. I have done with it. Thanks a lot.

I just want to know whether can we parameterize the parameters in the REST request with the values from the properties step.Can it be done through groovy scripting.If so please let me know the scripting or the classes which areused and the syntax to set the parameter values.

Thanks in Advance,
    Saberesh C P