Forum Discussion

jasond
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

Process: Cleanup & order REST Resources

Community Question:

How do you orginize your endpoints & request tests?

Problem:

Our REST resources keeps growing & growing, when it was 20 requests for an endpoint it was easy to build & navigate. As new requests are added to the endpoint the list its getting unruly & harder to manage.

Some feature suggestions:

- On Projects, Search the endpoint for requests ("put' or "auth"), this will filter down to the desired rquests, however I can do nothing with the results. I would like to be able to from the context menu & Add to Test Case.

- On Projects the ability to sort.

- On Projects better sorting, ordering & the option for nesting - see Postman.

11 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Possible to show the problem with the help of a screen shot?
      jasond
      Occasional Contributor

I don't think I'm doing anything special in any way.

-API Endpoint

-- Project

--Test Suites (6)

- Tests Cases (60+)

- Tests (100s)

I'm currently building Story Tests, End 2 End & Regression tests. Each time I update the definition I get a few more REST Services (64 to date) to build tests for, This can be a few story tests, then duplicate into regression &/or E2E.

The issue is manageability. The product does not clearly indicate/highlight newly added REST Services, at least prior to 3.0 they would list at the bottom - so I have to hunt.

My tree view is pretty wild now, it just seems that there should be a better process.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Do you mean to say that the development of the rest services is in progress and you get new services or update in the schema each time which resulting you to redo the building / updating of requests (in case of updates)?