Forum Discussion

michaelmerrill
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Problem with new Ready API 1.6.0 and invoking tests from other projects

Hello,

With the new version of Ready API (1.6.0), when one test step invokes another test step using groovy, the invoked test step does not run com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.prompt function.

For instance, this method calls a test in another project:

project =testRunner.getTestCase().getTestSuite().getProject().getWorkspace().getProjectByName("GLOBAL_LIBRARY")
testSuite = project.getTestSuiteByName("LIB")
testCase = testSuite.getTestCaseByName("Environnments")

testCase.run(new com.eviware.soapui.support.types.StringToObjectMap(), false)

The test step "Environnments" has this groovy definition, but the prompt does not work when invoked from the above groovy script.  Note that the groovy script is in a different project.

ResultEnv = com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.prompt("Select an Environment", "Test Environment", ['Devloco', 'DevSandbox', 'DevLab', 'Devint1', 'Uie3', 'SysTestA', 'SysTestB', 'FAT1','FAT2','Training', 'Preprod','Production','Prod_Flow_Simu_SysA' ])

• This ended up being due to the new install of 1.6.0 removing the customer jars I had in bin/ext.  Once I put those  back in, it worked again.  There was a series of tests that were being ran, and the last test was a groovy test step that did the prompt.  One of the previous steps did a JDBC invocation, but the driver (Oracle) was removed, so that failed, and the rest of the tests did not run.

It might be good to keep jars that are not part of the standard install inside the bin/ext directory for future upgrades.

1 Reply

michaelmerrill
    Occasional Contributor

This ended up being due to the new install of 1.6.0 removing the customer jars I had in bin/ext.  Once I put those  back in, it worked again.  There was a series of tests that were being ran, and the last test was a groovy test step that did the prompt.  One of the previous steps did a JDBC invocation, but the driver (Oracle) was removed, so that failed, and the rest of the tests did not run.

It might be good to keep jars that are not part of the standard install inside the bin/ext directory for future upgrades.