Forum Discussion

ecsmmek
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Problem using form editor with certain REST resources/methods

Hi,

I´ve used Swaggerhubs Petstore example (https://petstore.swagger.io/) when creating a REST request example.

Problem is that form editor is not supported in several requests. It just states "Form editor is not applicable for this request".

One example is the POST method "addPet" where you have a payload in the body but can't get the Form editor to interpret the structure of the request. I've added an attachment to illustrate.

Now, we're seeing the same behaviour with our own newly developed REST APIs, i.e the form editor is not applicable.

Is there a way of creating the Open Api Specifikation so that ReadyAPI always can make use of the form editor?

Best regards

Mathias

P.s I notice that swagger petstore example uses swagger version 2.0 while our in-house project uses Open Api Specifikation 3.0

3 Replies

ecsmmek
      Occasional Contributor

Hello again,

We've been using ReadyAPI for a long time with wsdl/xsd files and many of the users are very happy with the Form editor since it automatically arranges inputs filelds when using large request.

Now we're in a new project with similar requests but using REST instead of SOAP. Is there any way we could create/design openapi.json files in a certain way in order for ReadyApi tool to interpret them so that we could use Form Editor in the same way as with wsdl/xsd files? 

Or is there some improvement you can do within the ReadyAPI tool itself that would facilitate the use of Form Editor for large REST requests?

Manually adding parameter request is tiresome and also you loose the api structure. Also you need to switch between "Project" and "SoapUI" view when adding/removing parameters.

Best regards

Mathias