cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem generating project report via testrunner in Jenkins

SOLVED
Community Hero

Re: Problem generating project report via testrunner in Jenkins

Sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to look into this a bit. I've verified the same behavior that, on my windows machine, I can generate a Project level report via testrunner in XML format. When tryign to do this via Jenkins and testrunner, there is no project/report generated. 

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Found this in soapUI-errors.log on the Jenkins server:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRFontNotFoundException: Font "Arial" is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details.

And then I saw the following information on Smartbear (https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/reports/existing/about.html)

-----------------------------------------
Fonts in Linux
ReadyAPI reports use some of Microsoft core fonts. Not all Linux installations include these fonts. If you have issues with creating reports:
  1. Install the mscorefonts package applicable for your Linux distributive.
  2. Copy TTF files from /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts to the <ReadyAPI Installation>/jre/lib/fontsdirectory.
Make sure to specify the <ReadyAPI Installation>/bin/reports directory in the Custom Reports Library field of the ReadyAPI tab in the Preferences window.
 -----------------------------------------------
So I created a jira ticket asking our DevOps if they could add fonts according to the instructions above.
Awaiting their response and then I'll try again and see if this solves the problem

Best regards
Mathias
Mahias Eklund
Occasional Contributor

Hi Community

The problem was indeed the unix server lacking the font "package".

After installing the fonts required the Project Reports ( both XML and PDF) were generated accordingly.

Best Regards

Mathias

Mahias Eklund
Community Hero

Excellent find, @ecsmmek! Thanks for circling back and giving the answer. 

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors