Forum Discussion

ATokeley
Contributor
14 years ago

Please allow windows to move within entire SOAPUI Frame

Hi Guys,
I'm increasing finding myself trying to manage working with multiple test steps within that one small work space. When I open a new test step I often work alongside another test step. Viewing results or copying work or ensuring values,variables I'm referencing are correct. Ideally I would like to be able to open new "windows" and place them any where within the overall SOAPUI frame - better still would be anywhere on my screen.

Is there a Java limitation preventing this? Please please please implement this. It would speed up my work flow dramatically.

Cheers,
- Richard

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

If you use the "Tabbed" desktop layout (selectable in the global UISettings) you should be able to arrange windows and also undock them from the soapUI window (via corresponding buttons in their header bar)..

Does that help?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Not quite what I meant, what I'd like is for test steps to load in an independent window( like the Error dialog windows) so That I can fully use my 2 screen setup. Quite often I'll have multiple groovy test steps that I'll be analysing/comparing at the same time. Right now I have to tab through the windows to expose the one I want. As opposed to being able to view them side by side.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

have a look at the attached screenshot, it shows how you can both undock windows from the soapUI desktop so you can move them to another screen, and how you can arrange windows next to each other inside the soapUI window by dragging their tabs to the corresponding border.. does that work ok for you?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • HAHA! Thats awesome! I can't believe it took me so long to find that out! I guess I should re-enable tooltips (see my other post about tool tips! )