Forum Discussion

nagarjuna1
New Contributor
5 years ago

Oauth 2.0 Authorization

Hi Team,

I have installed trial version of SOAP UI pro. if i like the features and usability then i can go for licensed version.

i want to test a soap service with OAUTH 2.0 Access token in SOAP UI PRO  for which is already working in soap ui with basic authentication.

i added Oauth 2.0 and able to get token also in Auth manager. but how to use that token while sending soap request. because the Oauth 2.0 is not showing in Authorization dropdown to select even profile name also not showing. 

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hi nagarjuna1

Can you please provide screenshots of you Auth tab.....there should be at least 3 different oauth 2.0 schemes listed, so it would help if you supply screenshots so we can see what you're looking at to compare with othet peoples.....i have 1 oauth v1.0 and 3 oauth v2.0 options.

I need to highlight a couple of points here though.

You've only got two weeks before your trial expires, so don't use any of the pro functionality in your tests until your company has determined they are gonna cough up the cash for the license.....it might take up ton2 weeks to get your oauth v2.0 setup depending on your current knowledge level.

Secondly (and this the most important), you need to know all the different details to setup your oauth v2.0 correctly. Have you got all the information you need? Simple example....which grant type is your oauth v2.0 using? Have you got a bearer token or access token? Depending on the config you need to setup, there's a lot of info you need to obtain to setup the oauth config correctly. These details would only be determined at your place of work. If one single piece of data is incorrect, the authorisation won't work. You need to get all the information together and know exactly what oauth v2.0 scheme, grant type, relevant tokens, etc. Before it will work.

Cheers.

Rich

nagarjuna1
      New Contributor

Thanks. I am no more using SOAP UI pro. i can do same with soap ui itelf.

richie
        Community Hero

yes - the OAuth v2.0 config doesn't require Pro functionality - but if you're using any pro functionaliity to handle any of your OAuth (which is what I've had to do) that's not gonna work.

did you get all the relevant info you needed to finish your OAuth config?

Cheers,

rich