cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OATH2 Authentication - can "get ID Token" be automated in testing?

SOLVED
New Contributor

OATH2 Authentication - can "get ID Token" be automated in testing?

I have oath2 authentication configured and have setup correct automation scripts. It works perfectly for setting up the access token.  Furthermore, I can access this token within a groovy script by the following:

1) def authEntry = context.getCurrentStep().testCase.testSuite.project.getAuthRepository().getEntry("myProfile");

2) authEntry.getAccessToken()

The problem I have is that I also need the ID Token.  So, for the above code, "authEntry.getIdToken()" will not return a value unless I go to the authorization tab on a rest test step and manually click on the "get ID Token" button.  

Once I manually click on this button, the ID Token will be available in the authentication repository object for "myProfile", and calling "authEntry.getIdToken()" returns the expected value.  From what I can tell, this is not automated. 

Is there something I'm missing for automatically population of the authorization profile's ID Token attribute?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: OATH2 Authentication - can "get ID Token" be automated in testing?

Found a solution from SmartBear.  Posting to help others.  Here is the reply... worked perfectly for me.  Put this code into a groovy step.  I had to modify the profileName retrieval line but it worked exactly as-is otherwise.

--------------  Begin Code snippet ----------------

import com.eviware.soapui.support.editor.inspectors.auth.TokenType
import com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.actions.oauth.OltuOAuth2ClientFacade

def authContainer = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.OAuth2ProfileContainer
// Get OAuth2 profile name
def profileName = context.expand( '${#Project#profileName}' )
def authProfile = authContainer.getProfileByName(profileName)

def clientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType.ID)  //TokenType.ID gets the ID token
clientFacade.requestAccessToken(authProfile, true)
def accessToken = authProfile.getAccessToken()

-------------------  End code snippet -----------------------

Additionally, there is this for just the access token (From SmartBear):

You can get the access token by using  the Groovy script above and replacing def clientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType.ID) with def clientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType BEARER) to get the access token instead of the id token.

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Hi Telong,

As far as I know, you can set ID Token only manually via Ready! API's windows.

I suggest that you submit your request as a feature improvement idea here. Our Ready! API Product Owner monitors all submitted ideas, and he can consider implementing yours.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Community Hero

How does the response look like?

Regards,
Rao.
New Contributor

Found a solution from SmartBear.  Posting to help others.  Here is the reply... worked perfectly for me.  Put this code into a groovy step.  I had to modify the profileName retrieval line but it worked exactly as-is otherwise.

--------------  Begin Code snippet ----------------

import com.eviware.soapui.support.editor.inspectors.auth.TokenType
import com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.actions.oauth.OltuOAuth2ClientFacade

def authContainer = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.OAuth2ProfileContainer
// Get OAuth2 profile name
def profileName = context.expand( '${#Project#profileName}' )
def authProfile = authContainer.getProfileByName(profileName)

def clientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType.ID)  //TokenType.ID gets the ID token
clientFacade.requestAccessToken(authProfile, true)
def accessToken = authProfile.getAccessToken()

-------------------  End code snippet -----------------------

Additionally, there is this for just the access token (From SmartBear):

You can get the access token by using  the Groovy script above and replacing def clientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType.ID) with def clientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType BEARER) to get the access token instead of the id token.

Regular Visitor

Hey there, @telong

Could you share the way you have fixed the the profileName retrieval line as I am in a similar spot.

I am having some difficulties with figuring out on how to get a fresh token in each testcase as I have managed to configure a working OAuth 2 profile at project level in Auth Manager section.

When running the same testcase after the token expired the requests just won't work.

New Contributor

Where do i put this script? Capture.PNG
i am putting it in Automation and it is giving me a below error:

"The following script is invalid:
import com.eviware.soapui.support.editor.inspectors.auth.TokenType import com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.actions.oauth.OltuOAuth2ClientFacade def authContainer = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.OAuth2ProfileContainer // Get OAuth2 profile name def profileName = context.expand( '${70}' ) def authProfile = authContainer.getProfileByName(profileName) def clientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType.BEARER) //TokenType.ID gets the ID token clientFacade.requestAccessToken(authProfile, true) def accessToken = authProfile.getAccessToken()

Error:
missing ; before statement (scriptToValidate#1)"

Occasional Contributor

I have fixed it in TestRunListener.berforeRun to check for validity of oauth token

code snippet below,

//Get Token Status
def oAuthProfile = project.getAuthRepository().getEntry("$authpr")
//String oAuthProfile = testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("Groovy Script").getSelectedAuthprofile()
def TokenStatus = oAuthProfile.accessTokenStatus.toString()
log.info "Access Token Status is: $TokenStatus"
//Get Access Token from the server if expired
if (TokenStatus != 'RETRIEVED_FROM_SERVER'){
def oAuthClientFacade = new OltuOAuth2ClientFacade(TokenType.ACCESS)
oAuthClientFacade.requestAccessToken(oAuthProfile, true)
log.info "Access Token Status is "+ oAuthProfile.accessTokenStatus

New Contributor

Thank you though! But it is giving me the same error.

Do i have to download any jar files for that?

Occasional Contributor

You have to get project and make sure the scirpt is valid , in my code snippet you may need project and other variables defined, the previous reply had better complete code,

you may need to debug the groovy script test step to make sure each line works

commenting lines and trying to see every line works might help debugging

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors