Forum Discussion

PSTyler
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Not able to import project.xml.backup file in 2.7.0 as well in 3.0.0

After recent upgrade of 3.0.0 some of my existing projects from 2.7.0 version got corrupted and luckily I have those in project.xml.backup format. How can I import those project with back up file in 2.7.0 ?

• PSTyler it is really sad to hear that!

I found the support ticket, so let me quote it here for reference.

Here's what our Support Team suggests to prevent projects from getting corruped:

>>

One way to avoid work loss is to use a composite project and check it into a Git version control system such as GitHub or BitBucket. ReadyAPI integrates with Git based version control systems to save composite projects. Below is the documentation on the Git integration in ReadyAPI.

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/integrations/git/index.html

<<

7 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hi PSTyler,

I create backups also as i dont use version control.
    Someone else posted the same question on the soapui forum last year and it didnt get answered, but i always assumed that you'd just remove the .backup extension (leaving the .xml extension) and that would work.
    The other post indicates they tried removing the .backup as i would expect but they said it didnt work.

I havent found any other details indicating how to load a backup, and i'll see if i can load a backup later when im in front of my laptop. If it doesnt work and noone answers before i get back i'll do a compare of my backup against the genuine copy and see whats what to try and resolve.

Nice one

Rich
      PSTyler
      Occasional Contributor

I tried to remove.backup and then try to import file it still gives me an error Invalid project file.

richie
        Community Hero
        Hi PSTyler,

Does it actually say the file is "invalid"?
        If it reports the file is invalid it probably means its malformed.

I'll look later. Have you tried verifying if the file is wellformed?

Cheers,

Rich