Forum Discussion

kulkarni57
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

No valid SoapUI NG license exists during bamboo integration- Changed Properties from Windows Service

Bamboo tool displays the error No valid SoapUI NG license exists while we are trying to execute the tests. Tried changing the Properties in the Windows Bamboo, did a start and stop of the service it did not work either. 

Updated JAVA_OPTS in the Test Runner.bat to include username folder as C:/User/<User Id>( Windows path). this did not work either.

Ready API is installed on the Bamboo Windows Agent from where we are triggering the tests. Find the attached error log for reference. 

Can you help us to resolve this issue as it is required to run the tests from the CI tool. 

Solution from the below links are already implemented and it is not working 

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/No-valid-SoapUI-NG-license-exists-during-bamboo-integration/td-p/160301

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/testrunner-bat-No-valid-SoapUI-NG-license-exists/m-p/128342#M29624

• One thing I ran into and I've seen as a common problem is that the license has to be installed as the same user as that the accessing program runs as. For example, Jenkins tends to run as a "jenkins" user. As such, the license has to be installed as that user.

Bamboo may be similar, but you would have to check the documentation on how it runs and if it runs as a user account.

7 Replies

sanj
    Super Contributor

I have ran into the same issue with Jenkins

may be the same root cause

What sort of license is it?

I will try to dig up some more notes and will reply soon with the details of how this was solved for jenkins.

stay tuned!

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

One thing I ran into and I've seen as a common problem is that the license has to be installed as the same user as that the accessing program runs as. For example, Jenkins tends to run as a "jenkins" user. As such, the license has to be installed as that user.

Bamboo may be similar, but you would have to check the documentation on how it runs and if it runs as a user account.

sanj
    Super Contributor

Agreed in my case I had Jenkins as a system so would not know me.

sanj
      Super Contributor

set user.name to profile that has the license

and set user.home to point to the location of the profile with license

These will need to be set as system variables 

kulkarni57
        New Contributor

Let me try installing the license as the System and try to see if it works and also updating the Variables in JAVA_OPTS this may not work as Bamboo user is displaying as System, let me try..

Thank you for the support and the reply