Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to run SoapUI project(wsdl) from eclipse

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Need to run SoapUI project(wsdl) from eclipse

Following code invokes project and run it. But i am getting error when it executes groovy.test step at line -

def responseAsXml = context.expand( '${AIR Search (BEAPI)#ResponseAsXml#declare namespace ns1=\'http://iapi.tbotechnology.in/BookingEngineServices/BEAirService/BapiAirServiceImpl.svc/rest/search/\'; //ns1:Response[1]/ns1:Response[1]/ns1:Results[1]}' )

Eclipse code:

WsdlProject project=new WsdlProject("E:\\IAPI\\Automation\\BookingEngineAir-soapui-project.xml");
//Grab the Test suite in the project
WsdlTestSuite testsuite=project.getTestSuiteByName("TestSuite");

//Grab the testcases present in test suite
//for(int i=0;i<testsuite.getTestCaseCount();i++)
//{
// WsdlTestCase testCase =testsuite.getTestCaseAt(i);
WsdlTestCase testCase =testsuite.getTestCaseByName("LCC Domestic Oneway Direct Flight");

WsdlTestCaseRunner runner=testCase.run(new PropertiesMap(), false);

Assert.assertEquals(Status.FINISHED, runner.getStatus());

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Need to run SoapUI project(wsdl) from eclipse

Does not matter what tool you use, a license is required if you are trying to run a project that is build in Pro tool with pro features.

Regards,
Rao.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Leader

@archana1 :

If you have used SoapUI Pro features in your Automation project, than it doesn't matter from where you run it will ask for license.

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Tayal

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Hero

Does the project work in the tool?

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
New Contributor

yes it works fine in the tool. The error that i am getting groovy step is "Content is not allowed in prolog" . But everthing works fine in soapui tool

Highlighted
Community Hero

What is the reason for running the project from the eclipse while it works from the tool?

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I want to integrate my soapui project with jenkins. But the server where we have jenkins doesnot have soapUI licensed version. With java project i can run it from there.

Highlighted
Community Hero

The project can be run command line as well using the testrunner utility provided under SoapUi installation/bin directory.
It is neither required to open the SoapUi nor Eclipse tools to execute the tests / soapui project.

Even in Jenkins, I believe, you must be using the same command to execute the tests. Isn't it?

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I tried that too. On running command it asks me for license. I don't have it on that server. Thats why thought of running soapUI project as java project in eclipse. Can't it be done ?

Highlighted
Community Hero

Does not matter what tool you use, a license is required if you are trying to run a project that is build in Pro tool with pro features.

Regards,
Rao.

Highlighted
Community Leader

@archana1 :

If you have used SoapUI Pro features in your Automation project, than it doesn't matter from where you run it will ask for license.

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Tayal

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors