Forum Discussion

10 years ago

NPE occured when i click on RESt Request

Hello,

I have installed new SoapUi Pro version 5.1.2. Now when i create a new REST Request test step. And then after that when i click on the test step, NPE occured. Following logs are displayed in the soapui-errors.log file.

Please reply.

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards

2014-09-15 19:26:50,827 ERROR [errorlog] java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.replaceAll(Unknown Source)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestUtils.expandPath(RestUtils.java:223)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.RestTestRequestDesktopPanel.updateFullPathLabel(RestTestRequestDesktopPanel.java:201)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.RestTestRequestDesktopPanel.addBottomToolbar(RestTestRequestDesktopPanel.java:186)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.buildToolbar(AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.java:136)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.init(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:171)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.ProRestTestRequestDesktopPanel.init(SourceFile:107)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.ProRestTestRequestDesktopPanel.init(SourceFile:39)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:127)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.java:46)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.java:59)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.RestTestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(RestTestRequestDesktopPanel.java:85)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.ProRestTestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(SourceFile:48)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.ProRestTestRequestStepPanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(SourceFile:16)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.ProRestTestRequestStepPanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(SourceFile:13)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.TabbedSoapUIDesktop.showDesktopPanel(SourceFile:203)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.showDesktopPanel(UISupport.java:562)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.selectAndShow(UISupport.java:551)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.testcase.AddWsdlTestStepAction.perform(AddWsdlTestStepAction.java:63)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.testcase.AddWsdlTestStepAction.perform(AddWsdlTestStepAction.java:34)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:89)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I could not reproduce the issue. Are you creating the TestStep from a request under your REST Interface?
    Can you provide a screenshot of your project/TestCase and indicate the steps you are following?

Thanks,

Giscard
    SmartBear Support
  • Hello,

Yes, I am creating a TestStep from a request under REST Interface. Please have a look at the screen shot attached below.

Test Step is created successfully but with NPE.

And after that when i click on this newly created test step then NPE is displayed and request editor (means REST test step editor) does not open. Please see next screen shot

Please let me know if it is still not clear enough.

Thanks a Lot in Advance !!

Regards
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I believe there may be an issue with the request itself. Did you create the project from a WADL file?
    Also, I noticed that the project is composite. Try the same steps using a standard project (non-composite) and let me know if there is a different result.
    Clear the SoapUI tab and Error log tab before an error would appear. Then if you get an error by creating or opening the request, copy and attach those logs for me.

Thanks,

Giscard
    SmartBear Support
  • Hi,

I found the problem. Actually when we try to create a rest test step and if there is any mandatory parameter that is not already filled. Then this exception occurred during the creation of rest test step. For example in the first screen shot below i have a rest request in the wadl imported in the project. If you see there are some mandatory parameters marked *. Now if i want to create a test step from this request via right click -> Add to TestCase. Then test step is created with this exception in the second screen shot. I can see test step created with exception. And if i double click on the test step then it does not open but exception occurred in the logs (attached before). Solution is that i have to fill all the mandatory fields before creation of any test steps from this request. This was not the case in soapui 4.5.1.