Forum Discussion

tamnor
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Modifying REST requests

Hi 

I am testing a web service that has one web service request but can have a different resource path and different query parameters. The query retrieves office locations and can be used by either submitting with a postcode in the Resource path as in 

/xxxxxx/v2/locations/EC2V5AE 

or you can specify the geoSpatial locations (logitude and latitude) as query parameters and this will have the resource path ...

/xxxxxx/v2/spatial

I want to create seperate requests for these types of requests, so I created multiple copies of this request but I find that if I change the Resource path in one then it changes it for all the requests. Likewise if I delete or add query parameters in one of the requests then it adds or deletes them in all.

How can I create 2 requests with different query parameters and a different Resource path?

Thanks.

1 Reply

tamnor
    Occasional Contributor

Hi 

I am trying to test a REST web service that has one GET operation but this operation can have a different Resource path and take different query parameters.

It returns details of office locations and can be used by either specifying the postcode or giving geoSpatial values (longitude and latitude).

The resource path can either be /xxxx/v2/locations/<postcode inserted in here>

or /xxxx/v2/spatial and the longitude and latitude are specified as query parameters.

I want to create 2 different requests structured as detailed above so I created multiple copies of the Request in Ready API, but I find that if I change the Resource or add or delete query parameters in one request it applies these changes to all requests.

How do I create seperate GET requests structured differently as specified above.

Thanks.