Forum Discussion

anand1
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Losing changes made to a script

I have followed this thread 

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Soapui-Pro-losing-my-test-step-changes/m-p/171647#M39097

And I am a Local admin in my machine when I am using ReadyAPI, I am losing my changes many times, and as i am making changes to script type variables only.

So most of the time my script is failing as the changes are not saved.

Kindly let me know if there is something else that can be done to resolve it.

I m @ 3.2.5 right now.

• anand1 :

Could you please let us know at what point exactly you are losing your changes.

As i didn't faced this in past 2 year, i think smartbear team have resolved this issue.

What you can do is:

1. deleting temp files from %temp% folder if you are on Windows and

2. In Preference Setting , tick on the option to save and exit option by default.

3. In Preference setting, Select option to auto save project after 30 mins or 60 mins interval 

13 Replies

• anand1 :

Could you please let us know at what point exactly you are losing your changes.

As i didn't faced this in past 2 year, i think smartbear team have resolved this issue.

What you can do is:

1. deleting temp files from %temp% folder if you are on Windows and

2. In Preference Setting , tick on the option to save and exit option by default.

3. In Preference setting, Select option to auto save project after 30 mins or 60 mins interval 

anand1
      Contributor

Thanks HimanshuTayal 

In my test case there is a Datagen Test step and in that step I have added multiple like 10 or so script type variables and then based on my req, i am adding the script.

It has been observed more than twice now that I saved my project, restarted the machine and then when executing the test case , lost changes in some of the variables.

I am not able to find a pattern as to what all things are getting lost, but it is reverted back to some earlier version.

And regarding the settings, the  option to save and exit option by default, was default checked and i have provided the interval now which is 0 by default.

Let me take some dig if I encounter the same issue again.

Thanks

HimanshuTayal
        Community Hero

anand1 :

Change the Auto save interval to 30 or 60 so that your project gets saved automatically after 30 or 60 mins respectively, by this way minimum or no changes gets lost.

And do one more thing, clear all your soapUI and Error logs then save the project and check whether any error occurs while saving the project or not.

Hope you will get some solution out of it.