Forum Discussion

Awesome
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

[LoadRunner] tps count never goes above ~5

hi,

currently the 'tps' count never seems to go above ~ 5 no matter what value i put for the 'Threads' (ex: 1 or 100) i'm using a simple strategy and i've varied the  testdelay, and limit(sec). i also show no 'err'.

previously if i had a value 20+ for the Threads, i would see higher tps and err values.

nothing has changed on our server/wsdl/ or soapui project.

question: is soapui "caching" an old threads value somewhere?

thanks.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot of the entire statistics table of a LoadTest, so that we get a better
    look into what's happening

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
    Awesome
    Frequent Contributor
    here's a screenshot.

the tps count never goes above ~ 4.9 (regardless of the thread count).
    i've also run the test on the actual web service server using the command line LoadTestRunner.
    similar results.

1) i guess because the tps count never goes > 4.9, does that mean the server load cap must be around ~5?
    2) i also don't see any error count. is this a good thing? i was expecting to see some errors as i increased the number of threads.

thanks!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

please check how you are calculating the TPS value, there is an option for this in the LoadTest Options dialog. You can read http://www.soapui.org/userguide/loadtes ... of_TPS_BPS to get some idea of the differences.

That you are not getting any errors seems to be a good thing, provided that you have assertions in your testcase and loadtest that would assert the corresponding error conditions.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com