Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Load Testing, recording average stats

Hello,
I am running a load test from thread 1 to thread 10. I am interested in recording the various stats for some teststep in the testcase in the load test for each of the thread counts.

Can you show me some groovy script that will write out all these stats (avg tps, bps, cnt ... ) to an external file before the thread changes.

so basically one line of stats for each thread.

THanks

Ali

6 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

sorry for the delay on this.. Unfortunately I cant think of any easy way to accomplish this right now apart from making a custom modification to the sources.. I'll work something out and will get back to you..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    I had more question devising a customized load test. If you can help me with this it would be great.

My webserver typically max's out at 5 threads. I want to create a test such that the threads start from 1 and then increase slowly all the way to 5 (let say over 1 hour). After this point I want to keep the load at 5 threads for 6 hours and then slowly start decreasing the thread count back to 1. Repeat as necessary.

This scenario typically mimics how customers hit our website. They start visiting in the morning and then we see a sustained load for about 10 hours and then most of them go to sleep.

Can I write some script that controls how threads increase/decrease and how much time is allocated to the threads.

Thanks

Ali
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

There is no built-in way to do this. For now you could create your own LoadTestRunListener extension (as described at http://www.soapui.org/architecture/extensions.html) that modifies the threadcount as desired.. we'll look into creating a LoadTest Strategy as you require..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    As a feature request maybe you can consider this.

in a customized 'thread strategy', you can show a datagrid with two columns(thread count, run time). User can specify how many threads need to be run and for how long.

This way I can tailor exactly how I want my test to ramp up and down.

Ali
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

thanks, that's a great idea.. coming soon..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com