cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jenkins - Failed to load the project file: Could not start SoapUI Pro functional testing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Jenkins - Failed to load the project file: Could not start SoapUI Pro functional testing

I build my Jenkins multibranch pipeline with a Jenkinsfile in which I also call the SOAPUI Pro plugin. Unfortunately I receive the following error when I build my Jenkins test:

Failed to load the project file [/home/able/jenkins/workspace/BLABLA_Test/test-automation]
hudson.AbortException: Could not start SoapUI Pro functional testing.

The Jenkinsfile looks like this:

steps {
script {
SoapUIPro( environment: 'env_0715', pathToProjectFile: '/home/able/jenkins/workspace/BLABLA_Test/test-automation', pathToTestrunner: '/home/able/readyapi/installation/bin/testrunner.sh', projectPassword: '', testCase: '', testSuite: 'testsuite-1')
}
}
What am I doing wrong? Does somebody have a suggestion? I can provide more information if needed.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Jenkins - Failed to load the project file: Could not start SoapUI Pro functional testing

Hi, 

Please launch TestRunner from ReadyAPI and compare the generated command-line with the command-line which you use. Does it work?

If you have issues only with running the test from Jenkins, please provide us with a screenshot of the SoapUI Pro Functional plugin settings: 

chrome_2019-08-20_17-12-44.png

To get more info about these settings, please see: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/integrations/jenkins.html

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.
New Contributor

Re: Jenkins - Failed to load the project file: Could not start SoapUI Pro functional testing

I was given wrong xml path, as of now its working fine.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

As I understand, you're trying to run a composite project. Can you please check whether you can run this project using TestRunner (without Jenkins)?

TestRunner Command-Line arguments: 

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/soapui/running/automating/cli.html

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.
Occasional Contributor

When I do a simple launch testrunner (via readyapi, all test cases/ all test suites), it says:

Running ReadyAPI TestRunner for [europort_test_automation]
directory: C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.7.0\bin
command: cmd.exe /C testrunner.bat -r -a -j -f${WORKSPACE} "-RJUnit-Style HTML Report" -FXML "-EDefault environment" C:\software-vm3\europort_test_automation
'"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.7.0\bin\..\jre\bin\java"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.7.0\bin\..\jre\bin\java"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Hi, 

It seems that your command-line is not correct. Please see the example from this article:

testrunner.bat -FPDF "-RJUnit-Style HTML Report" "-cmy TestCase" "c:\my projects\my-project.xml"

This command runs the my TestCase test case in your project and creates HTML files in a JUnit-style format:

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

Hi all,

@Nastya_Khovrina, thank you for the investigation.

@koen_able, have you had a chance to check this?

Olga Terentieva
SmartBear Assistant Community Manager

Occasional Contributor

Hi I tried to do this, but I don't know where to get the project xml; this is a composite project, so I don't know what to put at "c:\my projects\my-project.xml"

Community Manager

Hi @koen_able,

I think the project xml file should be located in a project folder. As far as I understand, you should find it here:

/home/able/jenkins/workspace/BLABLA_Test/test-automation
---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

Hi@TanyaGorbunova,

I only know the settings.xml in my project directory, so i ran this command line with command prompt:

testrunner.bat -FPDF "-RJUnit-Style HTML Report" "-cmy TestCase" "C:\software-vm3\ep-test-automation\settings.xml".

This also leads to 

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.7.0\bin>

Hi, 

Please launch TestRunner from ReadyAPI and compare the generated command-line with the command-line which you use. Does it work?

If you have issues only with running the test from Jenkins, please provide us with a screenshot of the SoapUI Pro Functional plugin settings: 

chrome_2019-08-20_17-12-44.png

To get more info about these settings, please see: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/integrations/jenkins.html

Anastasia
Customer Care Team

New Contributor

Hi All,

Am getting failed to load testrunner.sh file could you please tell me what is the problem.

jenkins readyapi.png

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
6 / 7 API Testing Mistakes Video
Top Kudoed Authors