Forum Discussion

groovyguy
Champion Level 1
9 years ago
Solved

Issues loading local WSDL/Schema file(s) [Resolved]

I'm relatively new to using ReadyAPI 1.3.1 and SoapUI NG Pro. I recently moved to this version from SoapUI Pro 5.1.2, where the issue also occured. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or what is going on. I have tried searching the forums, but have yet to find an answer to the issue I am seeing with local WSDL/Schema files. I am on Windows 8.1 x64, if that makes a difference.

When I start a project from a WSDL, I browse to where the file is located and load it into my project. This works, until I close the project and/or SoapUI NG Pro and come back to it later. At that point, I notice the WSDL Definition URL is set to something like the example below. How can I fix this? Any and all help/information is much appreciated. 

../../../../../C:/git/etc etc/etc/etc/etc/etc/WSDL_FILE.wsdl

When selecting that binding it tells me: "com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException" and the error log shows:

ERROR [errorlog] com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:130)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:121)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:499)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:488)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:93)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:225)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.access$0(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:219)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext.load(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:121)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext.load(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:108)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext.loadIfNecessary(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:87)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.iface.WsdlInterfaceDesktopPanel.<init>(WsdlInterfaceDesktopPanel.java:135)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.iface.WsdlInterfacePanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(WsdlInterfacePanelBuilder.java:64)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.iface.WsdlInterfacePanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(WsdlInterfacePanelBuilder.java:1)
at com.eviware.soapui.ready.SinglePanelDesktop.a(SinglePanelDesktop.java:139)
at com.eviware.soapui.ready.SinglePanelDesktop.showDesktopPanel(SinglePanelDesktop.java:121)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.HistoryAwareDesktop.showDesktopPanel(HistoryAwareDesktop.java:155)
at com.eviware.soapui.ready.ClassicModuleGui$2.nodeSelected(ClassicModuleGui.java:199)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator$EventTranslator.valueChanged(Navigator.java:364)
at javax.swing.JTree.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JTree$TreeSelectionRedirector.valueChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.notifyPathChange(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.setSelectionPaths(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeSelectionModel.setSelectionPath(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JTree.setSelectionPath(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.selectPathForEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.handleSelection(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$300(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

• I believe I solved the issue; so far I haven't been able to replicate the issue after making the following change on the affected SoapUI projects: I set each project that had the issue for the Resource Root to be ${projectDir} and this seems to have fixed the issue. 

1 Reply

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

I believe I solved the issue; so far I haven't been able to replicate the issue after making the following change on the affected SoapUI projects: I set each project that had the issue for the Resource Root to be ${projectDir} and this seems to have fixed the issue.