Forum Discussion

s_nikhila
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Issue with Test Runner while executing negative tests

I created a test suite with positive test cases as well as one Negative test case in which I send some incorrect request and check for the response with "contain" assertion and see if proper error is displayed in the response.
All the test cases passes while executing in the SOAP UI GUI (SOAP UI 3.6.1). But while I execute the same test suite using Test Runner - both through UI directly or through command prompt, those negative test case alone fails.
The test runner failed all the test steps in the test case when i executed the Negative test case alone though the test runner.

In the log for each test step in the negative test case, I get the below details.

----------------- Messages ------------------------------
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

---------------- Response --------------------------
- missing response / garbage collected -

Please let me know in case I need to do any settings in this case.

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm... can you attach your project file so we can try to figure out what is going on?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    s_nikhila
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for the response Ole. Sorry I'd not be able to give you the project file due to some security reasons.
    But one of the scenarios is like,

<wsa:From>
    <wsa:Address></wsa:Address>
    </wsa:From>

where I'm not passing a mandatory field consumer APP token in the request.
    I expect SOAP fault as response in this case. The same works fine while running through GUI. But not sure why it is timing our and failing in test runner.

Let me know in case you need more details.
    s_nikhila
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

Awaiting your response. Hope you understood the scenario.
    I'm trying to pass an invalid request and I'm validating with assertions if the response is a "SOAP fault" and also "Contains" the required error message. These assertions pass when I execute through GUI. But the test case fails in the test runner.

Could you try this scenario once and let me know if I'm missing something in settings?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Meenakshi
      Saravananvenkat
      New Contributor

Hi Meenakshi,

Did you find the error why are you getting like this.Please help me on that i am also facing same issue.

Thanks,

Saravanan V

s_nikhilawrote:
      Hi Ole,

Awaiting your response. Hope you understood the scenario.
      I'm trying to pass an invalid request and I'm validating with assertions if the response is a "SOAP fault" and also "Contains" the required error message. These assertions pass when I execute through GUI. But the test case fails in the test runner.

Could you try this scenario once and let me know if I'm missing something in settings?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
      Meenakshi