Forum Discussion

Kevin_Slade
Contributor
15 years ago

Issue installing SoapUI Pro on Kubuntu 9.04 Missing bin/unpack200

The problem

Setup a fresh install and removing any Java-gcj packages and ensure that sun-Java6 has been installed.

Attempt to install SoapUi Pro either as a normal user or as root, the jre starts to unpack and a message is displayed that bin/unpack200 cannot be found.

The Solution

After some investigation and cross checking with my other system I realized that sun-java5 is also installed,

Installing sun-java5 (1.5.0-18) and sun-java6 (1.0.6-14)  will allow SoapUI Pro to install without complaint.

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I found some more issues with similar problem for installing other applications on ubuntu,
    please check these
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.p ... 94332.html and
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=472515 for instance.
    Could it be that it's ubuntu problem actually?

Also, it would be helpful to know, is your Kubuntu 9.04 perhaps 64-bit. Since the jre we are bundling is 32-bit, that might be the problem.

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
  • The system on which this install is failing on is indeed using 64 bit Kubuntu 9.04.

Once Sun-Java5 was installed, then SoapUI pro installed and worked reliably.

I have installed this on 2 other 64 bit systems. My second system is running Kubuntu 9.04 and as it has Java5 it also works. The other system I have tried it on is Ununtu 8.04 64 bit and this als works.

We have crash problems on 2 other 32bit ubuntu 8.04 systems.

Long term all of the systems will migrate to be 64bit, either ubuntu or Kubuntu
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

on 64-bit systems you need to use the binary zip and your own jre, the installer is for 32-bit only!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hello Ole

With the V3.0 release version I did find I needed to rename the JRE directrory to have SoapUI run. the later nightly builds work without needing this.