Forum Discussion

cpentecost
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

In the Data Source Generator

Hey All Again

Any Chance the Data Source Generator that it can use Latitude and Longitude?  or would it be best to scrip those values?

• I was able to enter the data using the grid function.  While listing the properties needed for the API calls.  this looks like what would need to be done.  I have been trying to not use Excel sheets as they would need to be loaded into Git.  It is time-consuming but until there is another way this should be satisfactory.  

Thanks for your weigh-in.

C.

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hey cpentecost 

I'm responding cos no one else has as I'm not an expert on the Data Generator (Datasource step) - I tend to create my own data.

Latitude (-90.0000 to 90.0000) and Longitude (-180.0000 to 180.0000) are just essentially positive and negative decimals (scale = 4, precision = 6 or 7).  I had a look and there is an integer option, but there isn't a decimal option available in the generator.  There is a custom string option, but that looked like hard work to be honest.

I'd create my own rather (using a spreadsheet or something like that) than mess around trying to get the data generator to generate what you need.

Need to highlight there's probably a better way - but I cant think of any!

Cheers,

rich

that's just my opinion though

The numbers are in decimal degrees format and range from -90 to 90 for latitude and -180 to 180 for longitude. For example, Washington DC has a latitude 38.8951 and longitude -77.0364 .

cpentecost
      Occasional Contributor

I was able to enter the data using the grid function.  While listing the properties needed for the API calls.  this looks like what would need to be done.  I have been trying to not use Excel sheets as they would need to be loaded into Git.  It is time-consuming but until there is another way this should be satisfactory.  

Thanks for your weigh-in.

C.