Forum Discussion

Hellotest
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

In Ready API 3.0 version, updating the Resources with header but not reflecting in test cases

I added a header in the resource but the test case is not reflecting even after save or refresh.

What is missing here?

richie
    5 years ago
    Hey Hellotest,

As far as i can remember, even if you use the update/refactor api functionality REST parameter values are NOT persisted (i think it might actually say this somewhere in the help)

It's a little annoying but the way i've handled this before (once the resource or request has been updated with new parms) is to delete the old test step and recreate the test step with the updated parm and value.
    I think this is the only way around this.

Cheers,

Rich

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey Hellotest,

There are numerous ways to actually add a header into request.

To help diagnose the issue, could you please provide step by step details on exactly what you did to add the header to the resource please?

Cheers,

Rich
      Hellotest
      Contributor

Updated the API under API's by adding below header as highlighted .

Clicked on save, ran the test case.

Observing that newly added header value is not populated in test case.

Also checked by refreshing the project and running the test again but same issue.

What is missing here?

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey Hellotest,

As far as i can remember, even if you use the update/refactor api functionality REST parameter values are NOT persisted (i think it might actually say this somewhere in the help)

It's a little annoying but the way i've handled this before (once the resource or request has been updated with new parms) is to delete the old test step and recreate the test step with the updated parm and value.
        I think this is the only way around this.

Cheers,

Rich