Forum Discussion

soapuser12
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Import Postman Collection

Hello there,

We are having issues with the 'Import Postman Collection' functionality in SoapUI Pro.  After importing the V1 postman collection with no issues, we get a URISyntaxException when executing any of the imported requests.  It sort of looks like the application is not properly doing property expansion when it imports the postman collection.  For example if you have 'http://{{host_property}}' defined in your postman request URL, the app does not do a property expansion substitution as stated in the docs: https://www.soapui.org/docs/postman-collections.html.

We also tried this in SoapUI community edition and ReadyApi version as well.  We suspect the same issue, even though we get a different error message. (e.g.SoapUI community edition gives null pointer exception).

Please let us know if there is any work around/solution.

thank you. 

• Thank you for posting to our Community Forum. 

Our developers have identified and fixed this bug recently. I have attached the fixed plugin jar file for you to load. 

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns or if the issue persists. 

6 Replies

StevenColon
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for posting to our Community Forum. 

Our developers have identified and fixed this bug recently. I have attached the fixed plugin jar file for you to load. 

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns or if the issue persists. 

soapuser12
      New Contributor

works like a charm boss.  I was able to load the jar with the plugin manager on readyAPI and successfully import the postman collection.  Thank you.  

FYI: i went ahead and tested this with the community version as well, by manually replacing the default postman plugin jar with the one u sent.  Result: 'import from postman' menu option does not show up.

StevenColon
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

I am glad that the plugin worked for you. I can only guarantee the fix would work for ReadyAPI since that is what we actively support.

SoapUI Open Source is supported by open source initiatives.

Please make sure to mark this post with the solution so that other users can see it as well. 

Have a great day!