Forum Discussion

Santhosh_P
Contributor
7 years ago

I have a framework building related question.

I use REST with XML

I have the following:

1> An excel sheet with input data (each row is a test case) to the service with different sheets as "states". (Attached the sheet- InputDataSheet.xlsx)

2> Another excel sheet with a template of the XMLs  which is common in for all the states for 7 endpoints. (Attached the sheet- XMLTemplate.xlsx)

Endpoints:

1> StateDetails

2> Eligibility

so on... 7 endpoints.

I need to do the following:

1> Fetch only those test cases with "Run"(first column) says "Yes" from excel sheet (InputDataSheet.xlsx).

2> Fetch xmls from "XMLTemplate.xlsx" for each endpoint one by one in the order specified in "TestFlow" column.

3> All state specific xml nodes and additional questions to be inserted into the xml template (for which i have the function)

4> Execute each endpoint in the order specified in "TestFlow" column.

13 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Have you created the test case?
    Personally, do not like to put xml data inside excel as it be come large and not readable. Instead store them in a file and put file name (or path ) in the excel.

Which version of ready api are you using?

You can start creating a data driven test. But looks you need to apply a condition or filter the rows.
      Santhosh_P
      Contributor

Hi  nmrao,

1> I will have only 3 rows of xmls and subsequently i will move it to a test database and fetch it from there. 

2> Each row in the excel sheet is a test case. 

In ready API i am thinking of having as shown in the screenshot attached.

The reason i am having these many test cases is to run all of them in parallel.

Version : Ready API 1.9.0

3> Yes i need to get only those rows whose column "Run" says "Yes".

sanj
        Super Contributor

I was trying this yesterday

Sounds like you may have to use groovy to get the data and parse based on what it says "Yes"

Regular Contributor

nmrao

I am also in the same boat.. as i have a Request in the Files and Test Flow as Santosh mentioned in his excel sheet, i need a solution to call the required Request file and endpoint based on the Test Flow 

Appreciate if you can suggest a way for this